Webvideo.net.au creator Ryan Spanger sits down with Nathan Grant, scriptwriter for Dream Engine’s Melbourne studio, to discuss scriptwriting for the web. Find out the ins and outs of what makes this format unique and learn great tips to improve your own scriptwriting.
Some of the topics covered in this podcast:
- Basics such as sentence structure
- How to get an audiences attention
- What to know about your audience
- How to write like you
There is also a special 6 step guide to remember when writing your own web video scripts:
- Start with one or two sentences describing what the video is about
- What challenges are being faced? Let the audience know that you get them.
- Let the audience know why you are qualified to help them.
- Get down to what the audience needs to know. This is the bulk of the video.
- What results can they expect from taking on this information?
- Let the audience know what the next step is. Give them a call to action.
Ryan has a podcast series based in Melbourne that updates every week. If you’d like more great tips and information to help with your web video, find it on iTunes today.